Re: [NTLK] HP DeskJet 340, Newton, and Mac

From: Donald Wilson <donald_at_donaldwilson.info>
Date: Mon Mar 05 2007 - 20:20:22 EST

I have an HP DeskJet 340, with IrDA adapter, Desktop paper feeder and
portable paper feeder.

MyNewton 2100 works with it just fine. I get prints, and in all but
bright direct light, no problems with the IrDA.

However, with OS X it's a bit different. I've had the printer work in
the past (in OS X 10.2), but with OS X 10.4, using either my H
branded USB/Parallel printer adapter, or with one made by Aten, I
have been unable to get the printer to work using drivers from
http://www.linux-foundation.org/en/OpenPrinting

It SHOULD be possible, but I just have NOT been able to get it to work.

Someone else on this list may have insight to that problem.

~Donald