[NTLK] DeskJet 340 / MP Synching with Schedule + on Windows

From: Matthew Stafford <matthewsmoxie_at_mac.com>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 10:53:08 EST

Thanks for both of the replies I've gotten on getting an older DeskJet 340 printer.

The main reasons I've been looking into one of these is simple. I want one printer that I can use on the road to print basic documents and spreadsheets wherever I'm at from my MP 2000 and my Pismo running Tiger. According to Apple's website, though the driver for this printer isn't included in Tiger, it is available as a gimp print plug-in.

Also, I just wanted to report that after being very frustrated and unable to get LookOut to work on the Dell at work, I finally ran Slowdown and successfully synched via Microsoft Scheule + 7.0 (old software that is still embedded in Windows XP, which is running here at work). Then, I went to Outlook and imported the Microsoft Schedule data. That doesn't have to be done using slowdown.exe and is a fairly speedy process. The only problem is that I can't put things into Outlook and move them to Schedule, where I could then move them to the Newton. This really isn't a problem for me though, since I only put new contact information, etc, onto the MP 2000. I haven't figured out if there's a way to get the Outlook email messages to the Newton this way though.

~ Matthew