Re: [NTLK] WikiWiki entries for Newtworks Footnotes / Notes troubleshooting

From: Mr Jonathan Dueck <jonathandueck_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Mar 06 2007 - 10:56:34 EST

<snip>

> I would like to suggest trying FilePad for your
> bibliography manager, at
> least on the Newt side. File pad allows you to
> export and import text
> in many standard formats. I suspect you can get the
> data out of
> Bookends 9 into file pad and back out again. Then

Thanks! I'm interested in both it and CardMedia
(though I like the idea of already-made input forms,
as CardMedia seems to have).

<snip>

> Regarding Footnotes, that is a good solution.
> However, how do you keep
> things aligned on the proper page? I would think it
> would be necessary
> to have the page set to the same size and that would
> mean a lot of
> scrolling around on the Newt side.

Well, the Perl script I show produces real RTF
footnote code, which drops whatever you put within the
tags at the bottom of whatever page its referenced
text is on. (And if you'd rather have endnotes NWE
also lets you easily change all footnotes to endnotes
and vice versa through its styles palette.)

In other words, I type the tagged footnote text right
after the sentence where I'd like the numeral
reference in the text.<fn>This is an example.</fn>

If I were to run the above paragraph through NWE, it
would print as follows, with the numerals in
superscript: "In other words, I type the tagged
footnote text right after the sentence where I'd like
the numeral reference in the text.1 [skip to bottom of
page]1This is an example."

So, no fiddling with paper sizes etc are required on
either the Newt or Mac.

Cheers,
Jon

Never miss an email again!