[NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Jan Thomas <pnetops_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 05:15:09 EST

Hi list people, this is my first post and I'm looking for a bit of advice.

 I stumbled across the Apple Newton again recently after not seeing one for many years, and it just happens that I'm in a position now where I could really use a PDA. I know I could just go out and buy a Palm and be done with it, but I really do get a kick out of using older hardware that still has life in it, and making them do things that wasn't conceived when it was designed.

 Before I go to the shops and like the masses drop a load of cash for an inferior device, I thought I would do some research to find if this 10yr old machine will meet my needs. At the moment the missing gaps in my information relate to syncing. The main problem is that I am forced to use Lotus Notes on a PC at work, and I have an Apple Mac at home. I would like to be able to make notes in meetings, add calendar and to do entries, and sync them to my Lotus Notes, and also with iCal/Address book etc on my Mac (mini G4 - OS X 10.4).

 So, assuming I can get my hands on a 2000/2100, and a supported Wifi/BT or Lan card, can I realistically expect a Newton to fill my needs?

 Or should I forget it and just go buy a Palm?

 thanks in advance.