Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Scott Rogers <srogers_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 14:52:41 EST

Jan,

Well, I say that as a Mac user. I had an iPaq 14x series, and that
thing ran circles around any Palm I'd ever had. The HWR was pretty
good. The features were Newton-ish (voice recording, wifi, etc). The
problem was that syncing it to my Macs was like, well, syncing a
Newton! ;) Actually, it was worse. Sync would double and triple
entries (complicated because I have multiple Macs + iSync). To make
it even more worserer (!!), sometimes, you can't install files unless
they're in .cab format. If the file comes with an installer, you HAVE
to have a PC to install it.

Pain in the butt. But a cool piece of gadgetry. The live sync thing
on the PC side (changes in calendar on desktop are automagically
synced up on the gadget) is pretty nifty, too.