Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Wed Mar 07 2007 - 17:02:36 EST

>> IntelliSync works but one must (I repeat MUST) make
>> daily backups and
>> possibly incremental backups as data corruption if
>> it occurs is going to put
>> you through the wringer...

This can happen with any Sync software. Be it Newton, Palm or Windows
Mobile. It is always possible that the software will either give you
extra data in one field not designed for it or give you extra entries
which are not near as bad as corruption, but removing the extras is
annoying. Especially if it duplicated a large amount of data for some
reason. I also do not EVER recamend using incremental backups on the
Newton using NCU or NBU. I have heard of too many cases where a
incremental backup just did not restore properly. So only do it if the
data it creates is not important. And if it not important why back it
up in the first place. ;) Only full backups can be trusted.

-Dan