Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG_at_aafes.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 08:35:11 EST

From: Peter Glaze
"Through all this my MP2100 has never lost any info I have put into it.
have, several times, not used it for up to two years and when I picked
it up and charged it, it still had every program or scrap of info I had
in it intact. It just works and keeps on working. I've given up on all
the others and just keep going back to my Newton despite its limitations
because it works."

I will say that Newton did loose my information once, and it was on a
flash card I came to use a lot. Flash media can fail over time. Other
than that, the Newton is the most solid computer I've ever used. If I
could have accessed a Ethernet, VGA, AND a storage card or some media, I
would have used the Newton as a basic word processing, lite web surfing,
E-mail, BBS'ing, IRC chat, chat client DESKTOP computer. Oh, and Mod
and MP3 player.

I like how the Newton is quiet with the flash media, and as said before,
like 99% solid on keeping information, limited only by the flash cards
that are used by it.