Re: [NTLK] I need a PDA, is a Newton a sane choice today?

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri Mar 09 2007 - 08:51:41 EST

On 3/9/07, Goodwin, Greg P. <GoodwinG@aafes.com> wrote:

> I will say that Newton did loose my information once, and it was on a
> flash card I came to use a lot.

Hey Greg,

I would say early on it would have been the size of your budget... ;-)
Those Flash Cards back then were often the price of a Newton.
I've got a sealed 2MB Newton Flash Card which with the handwritten
discounted price still reflects $99.00 - with that now-a-days I would have
purchased a complete MP2100 package already...

But regarding the Flash Card - I don't often ever hear of a card going bad
either... if they do at all. But I would think the issue more likely is the
Ejecting of the Flash Cards that causes most problems... but I'm guessing by
experience here on this...

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung