Re: [NTLK] accessories & data extraction was:Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 18:02:44 EDT

Norman Palardy wrote:

> Dunno enough about soups to really know whether this would work but
> please do not use mySQL.
> At least PostgreSQL is free or any use commercial or not, where mySQL
> isn't
>
> It's generally not an issue until mySQL sues you for using it without
> a license :)
hmmm I'll have to review their license, as it used to be free for
internal use. but actually it doesn't matter which database, but if we
use one that someone ELSE maintains then WE don't have to ;-)

william

--
-- special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.