[NTLK] Shipping cost from Germany

From: Frank Gruendel <newtontalk_at_pda-soft.de>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 17:52:39 EDT

> I should insert here that I'm using batteries rebuilt by
> Frank, and I'm one of his very satisfied customers.
> Shipping between the States and Germany is steep, so
> think of my outlandish suggestion as a way to get extra
> value for the cost of transporting your battery.
> (Granted shipping would be cheaper than your flights,
> but you'll get a brilliant vacation if you do it my
> way!)

Interesting way of picking up one's battery. If you do
make it as far as (almost) the north pole where I live,
you are welcome to drop in and sample some excellent single
malt whiskys :-)

Shipping a battery pack to the US is in fact not as expensive
as Christian said, unless you want insured air mail shipping
which is 48 Euros. Shipping it in a padded letter without
insurance is 11.85 Euros, which isn't exactly cheap, either,
but way cheaper than a flight across the Atlantic.

The outrageous shipping cost Cristian referred to was due to
the fact that there were outrageously valuable items in his
package that took an outrageous time to fix, so I strongly
recommended insured shipping ;-))

Frank