Re: [NTLK] Shipping cost from Germany

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed Mar 14 2007 - 18:53:34 EDT

~~~ On 2007/03/14 21:52, Frank Gruendel at newtontalk@pda-soft.de wrote ~~~

>> ... so
>> think of my outlandish suggestion as a way to get extra
>> value for the cost of transporting your battery.
>> (Granted shipping would be cheaper than your flights,
>> but you'll get a brilliant vacation if you do it my
>> way!)
>
> Interesting way of picking up one's battery. If you do
> make it as far as (almost) the north pole where I live,
> you are welcome to drop in and sample some excellent single
> malt whiskys :-)
>
> Shipping a battery pack to the US is in fact not as expensive
> as Christian said, unless you want insured air mail shipping
> which is 48 Euros. Shipping it in a padded letter without
> insurance is 11.85 Euros, which isn't exactly cheap, either,
> but way cheaper than a flight across the Atlantic.
>
> The outrageous shipping cost Cristian referred to was due to
> the fact that there were outrageously valuable items in his
> package that took an outrageous time to fix, so I strongly
> recommended insured shipping ;-))
>
> Frank
>
> -- Newton software and hardware at http://www.pda-soft.de

Sorry everyone. Despite friends' reminders I keep forgetting I don't have a
proper sense of humour and shouldn't try to make jokes, but I am on the
short-list for a transplant so maybe that will change soon.

I wasn't deliberately wanting to exaggerate the costs of shipping, and my
own shipping costs were reasonable considering all we were doing. And I
wasn't implying that shipping would cost (quite) as much as plane tickets.
That's why I posted my inadequate disclaimer in parentheses.

Sorry if I gave an inaccurate impression, but I wanted to suggest an
interesting and alternative method of doing the necessary transportation.
:) Indeed, it's too bad I couldn't have done it myself when I was availing
myself of Frank's skills at repairing my own Newton and acquiring others.
My memories of previous travels round Germany are all happy ones and it
would have been a fun way to add to them.

So, I'm sorry if I misrepresented the shipping costs, but I stand by my
recommendation of Germany as a holiday destination.

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a NewtonPad.˛
            -- What Arthur C. Clarke meant to say

http://homepage.mac.com/chodlang1/iMovieTheater16.html
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl