Re: [NTLK] reply doesn't do what you think it does was: Re: NewtonWorld 'magazine'

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Thu Mar 15 2007 - 18:50:25 EDT

Yes I know how it is with spam anymore and dictionary attacks. Though
you can usually set it to send everything not going to a particular
address to the black hole (auto delete). This can help alot, then just
save the rest and let your email client deal with the spam (I use
thunderbird and sometimes a piece or two gets though but that is getting
to be less and less). But on the other hand if you get a lot of
dictionary attacks spamers end up consuming most of your bandwidth, so
in that respect your solution is a better one. It all depends on if you
need the customization a personal server can give or not. Also there
are other domain services around that give similar deals. Namesecure is
 such a example and I believe cheaper but might have a few less features
than what you mentioned. Again it all comes down to what you need.

-Dan