Re: [NTLK] Works Right Margin Problem

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Fri Mar 16 2007 - 10:50:10 EDT

On 3/16/2007 8:53 AM, Woody Smith wrote:
> I downloaded your document.
> Connected Newton 2100 via NCX and imported the document twice, once
> to notes and once to works. The works document had the same problem
> you described but the Notes document did not.
> I transferred the notes document to Works with the import feature of
> 'WorksBetter SAS extension'
> The result was a complete Bibliography.
>
> Seems problem is with Works import.
>
> Woody

Something I should mention, transfer of text files into Works using NCU
fails to import colons ":" (they will be missing from the imported
document). I ran into this a few years back and started using X-Port as
a result. This may only be in the Windows version, but I thought I
should mention it.

Oh one another way you could get around this is import the file into
Press and installing the created Newtonbook then dump the Newtonbook to
Works via the htmllist extension that is a part of Newts cape (but you
can just in stall this extension, you don't need all of Newts cape for
this). You can then export all or some of the NewtonBook to works.

I know it is easier to do it via NCU, but if you need your colons, NCU
is eating them and you don't have X-port. You may have little choice if
the file it too big to send it as a Note.

-Dan