Re: [NTLK] Mail V crashes when trying to connect to smtp server

From: Joe <newton120_at_uku.co.uk>
Date: Fri Mar 23 2007 - 03:48:17 EDT

Stephen Hackett wrote:

>Make sure the SMTP does not use SSL. Newton cannot understand SSL.
>Also, try putting the port number after the smtp address. I had to
>add ":587" to the end of mine to get it to work.

Thanks, I tried that but no difference. Also I found I could telnet to
the server and send an email. Now - new mail assistant settings - I get
error 10061, which seems to be something 4mb newton's get.... and I just
happen to have installed a 4mb card today [so I could load all the
internet pcakages I wanted]. So I'll see if the 10061 patch fixes things.