Re: [NTLK] Large collection of Newtons and accessories

From: William Pociengel <hseldon_at_my.wgu.edu>
Date: Sat Mar 24 2007 - 18:30:26 EDT

Russ Bravo wrote:
>>> ...that I'm selling my entire Newton collection
>> I know that it's none of my business. Still, please allow me to

> I think that's one way of looking at it, Frank. However, I think you
> can take a different view on a number of counts:
>
> 1 Some people on the list use eBay, others don't. So letting the list
> know about auctions of Newton items that people may be after is purely
> a courtesy. They certainly don't have to bid. And may choose not to, if

Then I would suppose offering the items on the list for a few days then
putting them up on ebay would be one method that would meet both sides
point of view?

personally sometimes I look but usually not as I have a search that
tells me the newton items as they come up. tho again I don't usually buy
anything either (but I'm looking for that darned desktop stand ;-)

maybe we could encourage people to list those 'announcements' as OT? or
the old net days FS or WTB???

> list first encountered Newtons via eBay. As speculation continues about
> Apple launching a small format computer or tablet PC, plus the launch

I sure wish they'd get on with it. I need something to drive more than 1
display thats faster than my 12" powerbook, that isn't a laptop or a mac
pro as thats to freaking big. I like my 12" portability, can't stand the
13", the 15 is to big. and all I want is to use and retain the files ON
the laptop (tho I guess I'm considering a G5 box and then I could just
boot off the powerbook and keep all my apps. <sigh> never ending, if
this had just a bit more memory it'd be ok (maxed out, 7200 rpm drive,
1.5Gh G4, nothing else I can do that would make a significant difference)

william

--
-- special knowledge can be a terrible disadvantage if it leads you too
far along a path that you cannot explain anymore.