Re: [NTLK] Found this on engadget...

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sun May 06 2007 - 02:25:53 EDT

I think that part of the problem is the term PDA. When people say PDA they
think of a Palm or like device. I have a Zire m150. It came with my Dell
notebook. It is a cute device and I carried it for awhile when I was dressed
up and didn't want to carry my Newton and its bag. But I realized that I
didn't care and wanted the resources of my Newton. And there in lies the
difference. The Newton is NOT a PDA by today's standards. It is a hand held
computer. I mean look what you can pack into a Newton. I currently have mine
acting as a web server whine it is charging on my desk. It does more than a
Moleskine or a Day planner, but so does a Palm. The guy that wrote about
finding his Zire and the care and feeding of it. Just because you have a
syncable device does not mean you have to sync it. He doesn't sync his
Moleskine. But his Moleskine also does not have eBooks or a copy of the
Bible. Well Newtons are like that. Yes it is bigger, but it does more than
be PDA. It is a true computer.

Apostolos Koutropoulos wrote:
<snip>
It amazes me that people said that the newton was 'too big' but we
keep coming back to this form factor...
http://www.youtube.com/share?v=IALqu7EKUTw&embed=1
<snip>