[NTLK] OT - Q: regarding MDD PowerMac SP 1.25

From: Sonny Hung <sonnyhung_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed May 23 2007 - 12:46:14 EDT

[NTLK] OT - Q: regarding MDD PowerMac SP 1.25
I've posted in the correct area already and am awaiting an answer still.
That being said - I hope that just in case someone here using a Mac might
have some input on this too.

Bought a MDD SP 1.25 for pretty cheap. $200 USD to me I think this was a
bargain. ;-)
Have two questions.
1) is it difficult and expensive to upgrade to a DP 1.25?

2) got a quirk with a DVD burner installed in lower drive.
- this drive was installed by the prior owner's friend. the drive was
removed from an external carrier and installed internally. Masushita Drive.
the issue is that after power up the drive opens and closes erratically and
sporadically by itself. at time pausing (for varying periods) and then then
closing and then opening again.

Has anyone ever heard of this or experienced this and might have a clue to
what the problem is? I've got no details about the original enclosure so I
can't figure if there was something that was needed to prevent this.

IF you have any thoughts ping me off list unless someone else in interested
in a solution too.

--
God bless,
Sonny Hung