Re: [NTLK] newtontalk Digest V7 #488

From: Adrian Marsh <mynewtonlives_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Nov 01 2007 - 04:48:00 EDT

A recent series of small issues has seen much good advice and help from Woody Smith, Grant Hutchinson, and Simon Bell so thank you for that.
Sometimes though, everything works so wonderfully well that one's (Newton) heart skips with excitement and one steps out into the iPhone, iPod Touch, Blackberry and smart-phone clutching masses with a spring in the step and carrying a Newton with pride. Today is that day...
A Microsoft wifi card (MN 520) that has been lurking in my drawer for ages unused and (so I thought) unusable, Lantern patch and More WiFi from Kallisys, a closed network without WEP encryption from a white Apple Extreme base station V5.7 using 172.16.1.1 addressing, Hiroshi's unlocked drivers with SSID, roaming and power-managent set and it all works beautifully!
The real pride must go to people like those mentioned above, Paul Guyot, Frank Gruendel, and others who keep this hardware going and produce the software to improve it.
Thank you

--
Adrian Marsh
mynewtonlives@mac.com