Re: [NTLK] wifi woes

From: Morgan Aldridge <makkintosshu_at_mac.com>
Date: Wed Oct 31 2007 - 13:27:57 EDT

On Oct 31, 2007, at 10:56 AM, Peter Hofmann wrote:

>> I have also set up my worksite with no SSID to allow for roaming,
>> and sometimes it connects to free sites and sometimes it does not.
>> My experience is that it connects less readily than a more modern
>> computer. Is this the general experience that people have or is it
>> perhaps a peculiarity of my machine?
>
> please tell me:
>
> is your Wifi Card Setup on ad-hoc or infrastructure?
>
> Is your Inet Setup on DHCP or Manual?
>
> And, if manual, what are your settings?

Also, which Buffalo/Melco AirStation card do you have?

I have the Buffalo/Melco AirStation WLI-PCM-L11GP and it only works
with Hiroshi's WaveLAN driver if I tell it that it's actually a
"Melco WLI-PCM-L11" (so _not_ a "Melco WLI-PCM-L11G") in Internet Setup.

Morgan Aldridge

--
morgant@makkintosshu.com
http://www.makkintosshu.com/