Re: [NTLK] More spurious rumors or ?

From: Steven Frank <stevenf_at_panic.com>
Date: Wed Sep 26 2007 - 16:59:00 EDT

On Sep 26, 2007, at 8:14 AM, Norman Palardy wrote:

> Apple Inc, which helped spawn the PDA market with its Newton
> MessagePad line in the early '90s, plans to give the concept another
> go with a modern day reincarnation of the old fan favorite based on
> the company's new mutli-touch technology, AppleInsider has learned.

There are various reasons why I actually believe this rumor this time
around.

Although I think usage of terms such as "The New Newton" and "PDA" are
misleading.

What I would expect is a larger version of an iPhone / iPod Touch
device that competes with devices like the Nokia N800, PepperPad, HTC
Advantage -- more "internet tablet" than PDA.

It certainly won't have anything to do with the NewtonOS or Newton
branding.

I don't actually know anything. That's just my hunch.

Steven
http://panic.com/
http://stevenf.com/