Re: [NTLK] OT Re: NewtWorks, footnotes, and MS Word

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Apr 05 2008 - 12:23:59 EDT

~~~ On 2008/04/05 16:56, Woody Smith at woodysmith@comcast.net wrote ~~~

> I see that your problem is going to Wiki for a subject where youtube
> is a better choice
> Here is a 10 minute clip from Good Eats
> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofJ3v_a6UUE>
>
> Unrelated to this discussion my wife asked me to make Polenta for last
> nights supper, I used coarse cormeal and served it with a wild
> mushroom sauce.
>
> Woody

Great link. Thanks Woody. I still find YouTube too much of a fairground to
spend a lot of time searching through it -- I'm too old to waste time. But
that link I'll be saving, and sharing with friends over here (I'm currently
in the UK and I go round Europe a lot) who say things like: "I hear
Americans talk about grits sometimes but it sounds horrible! What's so
special about it?" I especially appreciate what he said about preferring
his grits "al dente". That's what I was trying to get at.

The way he makes the grits in that video, with cheese, is exactly the way I
learned to make cheese grits.

And for another little coincidence involving grits and NewtonTalk, the
friend from South Carolina who taught me to make cheese grits was also named
"Woody". Cool, eh?

Shalom.

Christian

"...because Mac is a state of mind."