[NTLK] newton on the internet, trying new things

From: Oliver Leaman <oliverleaman_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 10 2008 - 18:15:46 EDT

Yes, I can browse with my Newton and sometimes it connects up with a particular SSID, but as I said usually it does not, and taking along a Macbook to do the job rather defeats the purpose of having the Newton. I sort of conclude from what people are saying that on the whole even setting it to roaming now that Hiroshi's driver is unlocked will not do a very good job on most occasions. It is strange, though, since it works sometimes one sort of assumes it would always work, but then logic was always my weak point. I only need it for email so the Newton is just what I want to connect when on the move, and it is frustrating for it sometimes to work wonderfully, and at other times not to connect at all. Oliver