Re: [NTLK] HWR for iPhone?!

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Apr 17 2008 - 05:22:02 EDT

~~~ On 2008/04/17 07:32, Glenn Kardy at gkardy@japanime.com wrote ~~~

> Not just interesting -- it's fantastic. Thanks for bringing it to the
> list's attention!
>
> I just installed it on my jailbroken iPod touch and am having all
> kinds of fun entering both English and kanji text. Seems to recognize
> and convert handwriting quite well.

Ditto that thanks, Miro. So, how long before "King Canute" Jobs notices
that his feet are wet, the tide is rushing in, and he needs to give us a
real "Newt-phone"? Standing for his principles is one thing; refusing to
fill a screaming need just because he doesn't like styli (or: holds a grudge
against the man who gave us the Newton?) is another.

And Glenn, it's good to know the handwriting conversion works. That bodes
well for when Apple finally realizes they need to bring back the Newton!

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl