Re: [NTLK] Adriano's lost shipments and Italian postal system

From: Simon Stapleton <simon.stapleton_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue Apr 22 2008 - 10:57:11 EDT

On 22 Apr 2008, at 16:25, newtontalk@newtontalk.net wrote:
> Apple does offer an "international" keyboard in Germany as an option,
> which is basically a mix of the UK and US keyboard. It is bearable. I
> just wish it didn't have the tiny return key. I made the mistake once
> to buy a laptop in the store, hoping to get new keycaps. It turned out
> to be no match because of the two additional keys in the German
> layout. Swapping keys was also not possible becase the keyboard was
> ergonomically arranged in a slight arc, giving all keys slightly
> different sizes.

Apple will ship any keyboard you like on the machine, but you can't do
it online. Phone up the store, and bingo. I know this because I have
UK keyboards on all my macs (based in France), and my friend has just
bought a MB Pro, from France, with a German keyboard. Basically, if
you set up your order online, then phone them up, they will happily,
and without charge, swap the keyboard / OSX combinations for any
bizzaroid mix you particularly fancy.

> But then again, anything is good for an excuse to fly to Clifornia.
> They have a nice Apple stor on 3rd Street in Santa Monica :-P

That, on the other hand, is very true. SF is always fun.

Simon