Re: [NTLK] MAC to Newton WIfi

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Thu Aug 14 2008 - 20:57:52 EDT

avernier@earthlink.net wrote:

> So, I've got this Luscent Gold WIFI card with all the software
> installed on my MP21k and a Macmini with an Airport Express
> attached. I'ts working because my son's WinXP box attaches to the
> Apache Server on the Macmini and he can download from it. It's a
> simple download page.
>
> I can't get the Newton to attach or see the page at the default
> 10.1.0.200 address.
>
> Any ideas?

The gold card is excellent. You do realize you will need a web browser
installed on the MP to access the Apache server. "Attaches" suggests
opening a network share, which the Windows box can do -- in that case
Apache would not be involved. The MP cannot attach to an network share.

As for browsers, I have used NewtsCape, until the license expired. Odd, but
very usable.

Something I have not tried is Simon's internet dock and his NCX.
<http://homepage.mac.com/simonbell/connection/>. Another resource Woody
mentioned here previously is
<http://www.pda-soft.de/body_ethernetconnectivity.html>.

Hope this helps!

Gary Dunn
Honolulu
Open Slate Project
    http://openslate.net/
73 BMW E9 (3.0 CS) 2213583 (rust repair research project)
    http://e9erust.blogspot.com/