Re: [NTLK] How do you use your Newton?

From: <microssg_at_comcast.net>
Date: Fri Aug 22 2008 - 00:01:24 EDT

I'll bet he loved his time spent "making widgets"!
I'm finally settling in here in Tucson after moving from Michigan. Hopefully the house sells quickly and my wife and two children can join me soon - I miss them dearly.

Oddly enough, I bought my first Newton MessagePad here in Tucson back in 1996, a MP120 early model which I still have. I now have an OMP, a couple of 110's, the one 120, two MP 130's (my personal favorite form factor), 3 x 2100's and a Siemens NotePhone.

I desperately would like to get an iPod Touch. The iPhone would be a natural choice since I have been with AT&T for 11 years, but they seem to think that my loyalty translates into them abusing my trust - so the iPhone is not an option now. I'm also having difficulty justifying the price tag of the iPod Touch. $499 for a 32 gig device of this nature is obscene. So I'm still without a PMP (Personal Media Player). Yeah, that's right, I have no PMP what so ever, unless you count my TILT, which even I don't...

So that leaves me reporting that my daily use for my beloved Newton's is making sure they are clean and well kept to museum standards. But I no longer use any of them... I did consider pulling out one of the MP2100's and using one of the Star Charting progams now that I have absolutely clear skies and spectacular views to the stars...

--
Best Regards,
Paul Curtis
From: "L.W. Brown" <lwb@mac.com>