Re: [NTLK] Newton 2100 first sync: possible via ethernet?

From: Carlos Pessoa Filho <carlos.pf_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Aug 28 2008 - 07:17:10 EDT

Hi Woody,

I've spent a the last 24 hours in a plane with my Newton 2000u and my
Macbook Pro with Leopard.
I tried everything I could to connect them both and finally I got it
to work with NCX!! the problem is that it doesn't connect anymore!!
I was able to connect them twice in the plane but after that it's been
impossible to do so.

What I did:
1) I've manually configured the Newton with IP 10.0.0.7 and Gateway
10.0.0.1
2) I've manually configured my Macbook Pro with IP 10.0.0.1 and Subnet
255.255.255.0 and turned appletalk and sharing on. I also turned off
the Firewall.
3) On the Newton I tap Dock and have selected TCP/IP.
4) On the Mac I used the Finder/Go/Connect to Sever and input the
10.0.0.7 address. Voilá! Everything was working. NCS could see the
Newton and I could install packages etc.

But now, every time I go to Finder/Go/Connect to Sever and input the
10.0.0.7 address, the Leopard automatically present an error -36
window saying that there's no server... It doesn't seem that Leopard
is looking for a server at all... it just prompts this warning
message...

This is driving me crazy!!

How can I overcome this??

Best,