[NTLK] Deciding between wireless or ethernet card with dongle

From: Gregg Aydelotte <graydelotte_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue Dec 02 2008 - 00:28:59 EST

Being a new Newton owner (first post 11-28-08), I'm trying to decide
between the best method (easiest and most useful) to get my newly
acquired 2000 and 2000u on the internet. I'm really tempted to go for
the wireless, since I could use it at other places, but I have a hunch
that the card with a dongle would be more "reliable", although it would
tether me to having to "plug in" somewhere. I have a Linksys wireless
setup going at home, so I'm thinking that I should be able to test and
troubleshoot wireless there. I'm still waiting for the arrival of my
Keyspan USB adapter to connect the Newtons to my G4 Powermac. In the
meantime, I've downloaded NCX (need to upgrade to Tiger now-have DVD),
so my goal is to have the right card chosen and acquired (probably ebay)
+ software installed which will give me Newtons customized to our needs
by Christmas. When I read about all these applications available on
unna, I get pretty psyched up. Can't wait to load an ebook, some
backdrops, etc. ...much to do and learn!
Thanks,
G.R. Aydelotte