[NTLK] Email and the Newton

From: Ryan Vetter <ryanv_at_me.com>
Date: Fri Dec 05 2008 - 04:54:50 EST

Hello again everyone:

I know this has been done over and over... best way to do Email on the Newton.

I got to thinking, why not just log in in a browser on the Newt, and forget the Email programs all together?

The major problems I see with using Email apps on the Newton are:

Not enough space to store messages (in this day and age particularly)
No SSL support for POP/IMAP, so secure connections are not possible, which cancels out many popular email providers

If one is to do Email, MailV is the way to go...

Am I correct in these points? Any other tips should I try Email on the Newt? Anyone like Enroute? Anyone use Mobile Me email addresses?

Thanks!

Ryan