Re: [NTLK] Orinoco Gold Wireless card-not recognized

From: Tony Morrow <gizmo1482_at_gmail.com>
Date: Thu Dec 11 2008 - 22:54:28 EST

On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Gregg Aydelotte
<graydelotte@bellsouth.net>wrote:
> I just received a use Lucent-Orinoco card (5 volt believed to be 16
> bit), so I installed the LucentWaveLAN driver from Labo.Newton WaveLan
> website. Upon installation, an error message "Error unable to activate
> 802.11b WaveLan since Newton Device drivers are not in the system" when
> the card is ejected and reinserted this error message pops up"There is a
> problem with this card (Newton cannot recognize this type of card.).
> Even though the website says registration closed in 2005, I was able to
> download ver. 1.08a and links for screen shots to registered users that
> would not work before the download now work. Any ideas? Card was
> supposed to be pulled from a working environment.
>
> Thanks,
> G.R. Aydelotte
> MP2000U and MP2000

Have you had the chance to install the Newton Internet Enabler packages? You
will at least need to have the following packages installed: inetenbl.pkg,
inetstup.pkg, enetsup.pkg, and newtdev.pkg. They can be found at unna:

<http://www.unna.org/view.php?/apple/software/Internet/NIE2> Look in the
REGPKGS and ENETSUP folders

Also if you go back website for the wireless driver <
http://www.ff.iij4u.or.jp/~ngc/eng/newtwave.htm> there is a link for the
source code. If you download that zip file there is a compiled package that
is version 1.08b. It doesn't require registration to use WEP.

Hope that helps get your setup working.