Re: [NTLK] Maintenance Q's re. MP130 and 2100

From: Stuart Mingay <stuartmingay_at_mac.com>
Date: Thu Feb 07 2008 - 04:39:14 EST

Thanks guys for all your suggestions. I didn't realise the Newton scene still had so many followers!

As an update for you all, I had a mess around with the 2100 last night, testing that the battery pack had "spring" to it when I loaded it, and fiddling about with the power supply. And guess what ... the thing started charging! Maybe as the cells were brand new they needed to be kicked a couple of times before they started charging. I left it on overnight (with a slight worry the thermistor wouldn't kick in and my house would burn down) and it's now sitting on my desk at work ready to be used. I'm going to see how long the charge lasts.

I think the 130 will be winging its way to Germany once I get a reply from Frank.

Thanks again for all the help. I'll be hanging around here for a while now I know how useful this group is!

Cheers

Stuart