Re: [NTLK] Personal Web Server and IIS

From: Ed Kummel <tech_ed_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Tue Feb 12 2008 - 18:58:01 EST

It all depends on what you're most comfortable with. Personally, I'm most familiar with IIS (which is the father of Personal Web sharing) If you know apache, then go with it. If you don't know apache (and it's many, many *.conf files that may or may not need to be manually modified), and you are running Windows, then it's obvious that Personal Web sharing is the way to go. It's free and easy (and while you're messing around...pick up a copy of SQL 2005 personal edition...it's free and quite amazing for home/hobby use!)

  Ed
  web/gadget guru
ccs7 <ccsccs7@yahoo.com> wrote:
  Hmm, so would Apache be overkill for something like this? ;-) Seeing as
how I already had a web server, it was pretty trivial for me to use it
for that purpose. :-)

CC