[NTLK] RES: [Indesejados] Re: Newly Joined

From: robinson <gaudo_at_terra.com.br>
Date: Thu Feb 28 2008 - 08:20:35 EST

Vivian, I am journalist and writer too - like many others here, and a Newton
user. I've tried a lot of devices with HWR and believe me, Newton is the
best. But just the best when you don't want to spent a lot of money. I have
a Fiva MP501, a tablet pen based computer, with a 200mhz geode CPU. I
installed into this the Pen Office, from Phatware. It works better than
Newton because works on Microsoft Word, using all their functions. It ´s
good, but 200mhz is slower than it needs, and sometimes it works bad.
It not happens with Newton. Writing on my Newton 2100 is very fast, because
my handwriting is too uniform and I use ALT REC (from Guyot) and BB EDITOR
(I don't know the name of the softmaker). These app really make the
difference, and I am a Portuguese native speaker. I use Ç, é, à, ã, ô and
another accented characters.
But if you have cash enough to take a Samsung Q1, for example, you can use
Pen Office on a plataform fast enough to work well. But you will have to
deal with the boot. I don't like boot. Newton don't have boot.
Talking about transferring files to a PC, I use BackTalk and transfer TXT
files to my smartphones (Treo 650 and iPAQ HW). Then, move to PC. It works
very well.
But I have to confess: I have the Fiva and a Pencentra 200 too, working with
Calligrapher (almost the same thing of Pen Office), and can't get a real
decision about my best HWR tool.
Welcome to the Newton Jungle.

Robinson Pereira
Brazil