[NTLK] Software of interest to writers (re: Newly Joined)

From: <mkow1234_at_aol.com>
Date: Fri Feb 29 2008 - 21:47:10 EST

 February 28, 2008

[I'm re-potig this, since yesterday's posting did not seem to show up on the bulletin board]

Hello to Vivian, Marcus, and the many other writers in Newtondom! I am
a writer too, although I'm in the field of technical communications.

I don't use my Newton for day-to-day activities at work and/or play. My
primary interest in the Newton is with regard to "zeta testing" and
documenting of unusual hardware and software features, securing
freeware release of long-lost software titles, and converting
copyright-free source material to the proprietary Newton eBook format
(It's all about content baby).

My software choices for helping the writing process are:

? *? Dashboard and GestureLaunch scripts - to quickly launch various apps and files, and to quickly paste in blocks of text. A license is $15-20 bucks and well worth the price.

? *? Scrappy - I just recently "discovered" this one (Thanks, Ed!). Very cool for copying and placing multiple items on a clipboard.

? *? LetterExpress - Nice software; comes pre-loaded with many text
snippets that can be pasted into a doc on the fly; sadly, it does not
work with the MP 2X00 series.

? *? Writer's ToolKit - This is an interesting piece of software that guides the student though the writing process. It's now freeware, thanks to our friends at SCET in Scotland.

Best regards,

Matt K.

Detroit, Michigan USA