Re: [NTLK] Switching to OS X 10.5 and the Newton

From: Marcus Hammerschmitt <Marcus.Hammerschmitt_at_t-online.de>
Date: Mon Jan 07 2008 - 03:29:09 EST

At 02:16 07.01.2008, you wrote:

>or justcreate a separate WiFi network using its built-in AirPort Extreme
>card.

I think this looks like a promising way to do this, since my 2100s are
both WiFi-ready. Should be easy enough to replace Hiroshis old
driver with the new, unlocked version. AirPort Extreme can be easily shut off
and switched on again?

>BlueTooth also works well for installing small packages and
>sending small bits of data back and forth.

Since you're using both: can you tell me something about
the transfer speeds we're talking here? I have a Pico
card also and tested it once with success.

>This is definitely a good question. Many people use Basilisk II
><http://gwenole.beauchesne.info/projects/basilisk2/> on Mac OS X to
>run NTK, so you could do it manually that way.

NTK was just awful on XP. I'd rather buy a separate mp3-player, though
I hate the idea.

>A custom mp3 wrapper utility for Mac OS X should be able to be made
>easily enough.

As a non-coder I don't know the first thing about doing this. Anybody in
here tempted to give it a go?

Thank you very much for your input, Morgan!

Best,

Marcus

http://www.cityinfonetz.de/homepages/hammerschmitt/high.html
http://jpgmag.com/people/MH2