Re: [NTLK] Newton Museum DVDs

From: Matt Howe <matthowe_at_comcast.net>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 17:25:26 EST

I have had my torrent running for a week now but it is telling me it can not
see the tracker. So I might have gotten it from a different tracker. Does
anyone know how I can re-attach this torrent file to the current tracker? I
am seeding file "Newton Museum.iso.cdr.gz" which is 4.31 gb in size.

Matt (Ducky) Howe
Owner of a MP2000U and an Emate
mhowe@gfn.org (Newton)
http://santa-duck.dyndns.org:8080/ (Newton server)
matthowe@comcast.net (Desktop)
http://home.comcast.net/~mhowe41/ (desktop)

Sebastian Sparrer wrote:

Hi!
> I have been downloading bittorrent clients and trying to get at the
> Newton Museum DvDs for three days. Near as I can tell, the problem
> for folks in the US is in fact that all the trackers are on
> torrentbox and they are not tracking for US folks.
I found at least one Torrent file, that uses thepiratebay.org as
tracker. See here for details:

http://thepiratebay.org/tor/3957726/Newton_Museum_mac_.dmg_file

Problem is, that there's simply no one seeding this file. I left my
machine running for a week or so and was only able to get 2.5 % of the
whole file. I'll keep my Mac up and running, so if someone could seed
the file(s), that'll be great!
> I also have webspace and idle computers on broadband that could be
> pressed into service. So, if someone in possession of the files can
> create a US-accessible tracker I will be happy to seed them and/or
> put them up for FTP, if that is practical for such large files. Is it?
Try to connect using the torrent file from piratebay. If I am lucky to
receive the file(s) I'll be happy to send them to you so you can put
them on your server.

Best regards

Sebastian