[NTLK] Newton hardware collection up for grabs

From: Jon Scordia <jscordia_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Jan 12 2008 - 13:59:46 EST

Ladies and Gents,

I've been on this list for several years, posting occasionally, and
reading intently.

I've built up a good collection of Newton Hardware over the time,
including a Messagepad 2000 upgraded to 2100 with a SER-01 and rebuilt
batteries, a Messagepad 130 and an upgraded/hinge-fixed eMate.

I've amassed a good collection of accessories, such as Wi-Fi,
bluetooth and ethernet PC cards.

In that time I've also had the great opportunity to deal directly with
such list stalwarts as Frank G and Adriano A, who (amongst others here
I've read great words of wisdom from) help to keep the Newton
platform, and my interest, fresh and up to date.

I have to say a big thank you to you guys!

However time has come to thin down this collection, though I do intend
to remain on the list and maybe keep a core setup (don't know what yet).

As a next step, I've created a wee iWeb site this afternoon, a bit
quick'n'dirty, but hopefully it illustrates what I have available.
It's all in very good condition.

This stuff has NOT gone on eBay. It may NEVER go on eBay! I would like
to offer it to a good home within the Newton Community first.

Please see this webpage:

http://web.mac.com/jscordia/Newton_Collection/Welcome.html

I would be interested in receiving reasonable offers for any or all of
this!

I am based in Glasgow, Scotland, and can organise to send items, well
packaged and insured, to anywhere at true cost of post/packaging. I
would of course like to achieve a realistic value for the significant
items...I don't indent to push my luck though!

If you are interested I would love to hear from you off-list. If this
email stimulates any on-topic discussion about the Newton, then great!

Thank you very much for your time.

Kind regards to everyone,

Jon