Re: [NTLK] No New Newt

From: Jon Glass <jonglass_at_usa.net>
Date: Wed Jan 16 2008 - 17:09:48 EST

On Jan 16, 2008 9:50 PM, Ed Kummel <tech_ed@yahoo.com> wrote:
> There are several dozen others out there that are under 4 pounds and fully capable and yet to not skimp on anything...like the Air does.
> Honestly, a slow drive, a slow CPU, no connectivity, and the DVI port

Yes, you are right with all the other "visionaries" who said the same
sorts of things when the originalMac came out, "What? no 5 1/4" drive?
and you are forced to use a mouse to do things???" or the iMac, "What?
no floppy drive???" or the iPhone, "What??? no keyboard???" Really!!!
"What _is_ Apple thinking???"

And we know how these three have changed the landscape of computing as
we know it today. So, Ed, I'll just file your comments with all the
rest of the "wisdom" of the forward-thinking people of the past...

But then again, we all _know_ about your anti-anything-Apple views....
nothing new here.

BTW, for the record, the Duo was also a sub-portable of the past--yes,
even Apple has done it before... OH, and Apple was the first to put a
trackball into a laptop, too... Apple's not "skimping" they are
forcing change. I still want an eeePC, though. ;-)

--
 -Jon Glass
Krakow, Poland