[NTLK] Waiting while charging battery

From: <knowtree_at_aloha.com>
Date: Sat Jan 26 2008 - 13:12:43 EST

All day yesterday I had trouble charging my MP2100 battery. Usually it
charges quickly, but after leaving it on charge the usual amount of time it
had only gone from 30% to 45%. The battery monitor on the Extras window read
"Waiting." So I waited, but nothing much happened. Eventually I tried
fiddling with the power connector, to see if I had a bad connection. I
discovered that when I inserted the connector the monitor read "Adaptor" but
a second later it switched to "Waiting."

I tried again when I got home from work. Same thing. I let it sit overnight
not charging, and just started charging again, and the last time I checked
the monitor read "Adaptor" more often than "Waiting."

Any idea what is causing this?

Gary Dunn
Honolulu