Re: [NTLK] How do I keep a password protected journal?

From: Dan <dan_at_dbdigitalweb.com>
Date: Sat Jan 26 2008 - 17:16:31 EST

Yes several of us do that are here on the list. It works well. The
most popular program for this is Geeksafe. Great program very handy.
Though if you want "total" security with a encrypted data soup, this is
not to be as it only protects with a password. Nicks Safe (I think that
is the name) does encrypt the data, however it is not as user friendly
in my experience.

Someone was in the process of upgrading Geeksafe so it did encrypt the
soup. Though I haven't heard anything about that project in some time.
 Hopefully it is not dead, as it is defiantly one I would like to see.

You mentioned "key chain" do you mean a thumb drive (usb)? There are
some really good password databases that support encryption for thumb
drives. http://portableapps.com/
(http://portableapps.com/apps/utilities/keepass_portable to be
exact)That is only one site and there are others as well. And you could
use Truecrypt (also open source) to encrypt a normal text document with
all of your passwords.

Also the original topic of this was "how to keep a password protected
journal". I do have a suggestion that I have not seen posted
yet...."Super Notepad". It adds a lot of great additions to the notepad
and one of them is the ability to password protect a note or even
encrypt it if you wish. I am sure the encryption is not as secure as
"The Fish" but it will do the trick and add a lot of great functionality
as well.

-Dan