Re: [NTLK] NCX setup

From: Woody Smith <woodysmith_at_comcast.net>
Date: Mon Jan 28 2008 - 23:47:36 EST

Hi Ian,

I am able to connect to my g4/Leopard mac with either TCP/IP or NCX's
Internet Dock.pkg. This is not to say that I have as easy a time as I
had with NCU in os9 with an airport graphite base station. I now use a
Netgear g speed router and often need a couple of tries to get
connected with either of these dock options, but if I use a browser top
connect to a web site I seem to connect easily.

I prefer personal web sharing and NewtsCape for installing packages and
moving HTML documents to my Newt. It is fast and reliable. I am able
to use NetHopper with my ibook g3/Panther but am having difficulties
with NetHopper accessing my site on G4/Leopard even though I can with
NewtsCape.
Odd but I expect to sort it out.
NewTen with the Keyspan usb/serial adapter also works fine for me with
Leopard.

While I am no hardware expert the -61001 error seems to be related to
the ethernet card its-self. Can you restore your previous setup with
the G4/Tiger to rule out a coincidental hardware failure.

Like you I would like to hear from someone using Leopard on the MBP.

I used Escale in the past with Jaguar and Panther and found it often
difficult to connect to and not very stable.

Good luck
Woody