Re: [NTLK] Jaggies? 7-2008

From: Kostas Theofilis <roufianos_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 12:11:52 EDT

Doug thanks for the post.
On 5 Jul 2008, at 16:49, Doug Parker wrote:

> for a video snippet of jaggies-in-action.

No, I can draw straight lines (in free scetches) just fine.It is not
that kind of jaggies.

> Some things to check are:
>
> 1) Try rotating your screen 180 degrees and see if the misalignment
> goes away. Rotate the screen back when you're through--the 180
> twist is a temporary testing step only. Oh--try other rotations as
> well.
> This is my most valuable suggestion!

As I change rotations, the misalingment remains, and always the same.
E.g. if it goes slight left on normal, it goes slightly right on 180
degrees etc.

> 2) Try handwriting without touching the edge of the Netwon's bezel.
> Try a heavy versus light touch. Look for repeatable differences.

Nope, same thing.

> 3) Try writing in ink, in different sizes, and examining your
> scratchings
> to look for obvious jaggies appearing on your scrawls. Compare with
> different screen rotations.

No jaggies. Just the a bit left thing.

> 4) Do vertical lines as in the link above, using the sketch setting.

Lines are fine, just a bit off.

Hmm.. I think that I do not have the regular Jaggies. Since my newt
had been opened inthe past, I think I will open it (I have experience
with openng other Newtons) and see if anything is out of place..

Thanks for your detailed reply. It helped me a lot. So, no Jaggies
after all.

Kostas