Re: [NTLK] Pissed Off Emate

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 12:26:22 EDT

~~~ On 2008/07/05 01:40, G. Isten at gisela@tariffenet.it wrote ~~~

> Gary, just to be on the safe side -- re cats peeing around: That may also be
> the indication of a bladder infection. The cat associates the pain with the
> place where it pees, which is why the cat won't go to the litter box any more
> where it experienced the pain the first time. But the next time (different
> place) it will of course feel that pain again, and therefore will select yet
> another place to pee next time. If your cat has gone back to being 'her old
> self', then it doesn't sound like it's a matter of 'old-age dementia'
> (chronic), but an 'acute' case. Another reason may be that she felt annoyed by
> something or somebody -- for instance visitors over the weekend that she
> didn't like?

Wow! Kudos to NewtonTalk! Not only is there great advice here on how to
use our Newtons and eMates, but we also get helpful tips on the health of
our cats. I wish I'd known about feline bladder infections a number of
years ago when my cat of that time had an infection. It took a few weeks of
pointless attempts to "explain" to Igor that he had to stop leaving random
stains on the floors. And go back to using his box. And when I finally got
him to the vet, sure enough he had an infection.

As for cleaning or not cleaning, to me a concern would be that even though
it's dried for now, if you use it in a humid environment the residue could
rehydrate enough to [1] begin to stink again, and [2] conduct tiny amounts
of electricity between components not "expecting" to be connected, with
less than great results. (For the record, urine contains a number of
compounds that ionize in water. I once saw a city-slicker let his dog
urinate on an electrified fence. He stopped *very* suddenly. I'm afraid I
laughed.)

Shalom.
Christian

łAny sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from a Newton.˛
            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4
(With thanks to Chod Lang)
http://tinyurl.com/29y2dl