Re: [NTLK] Mini notebooks

From: L.W. Brown <lwb_at_mac.com>
Date: Sat Jul 05 2008 - 12:51:21 EDT

The Wind did get some OK reviews recently, but not quite good enough
to sway me.

I am more and more a fan of the MacBook Air - small enough for a very
small briefcase, 4-ish hours battery, and very nice screen. Runs
Windows either native (BootCamp) or virtual (Parallels or VMWare) -
even Vista under Parallels is fast enough for me (tho it's a beast
that I avoid as much as possible). I bet an earlier Windows would
scream. And (at least with the virtual machines) you can try out any
OS that runs on an Intel.

No, it's not cheap, but you get what you pay for. No, it's nat tiny,
but you get amazing usability. I now carry it everywhere (with an 8-
hour external battery on long trips). And the price just dropped over
$500 for the solid state drive model (tho I prefer the storage
capacity of the hard drive model.)