Re: [NTLK] OT - PowerBook OS Level to be a Newt Accessory?

From: John Broughton <jdbroughton_at_yahoo.com>
Date: Fri Jun 06 2008 - 10:15:15 EDT

Just as a reference, I have a Pismo running 10.3.9, a G5 iMac running 10.4.11, and a MacBook running 10.5.3. None of them has needed a reboot unless a needed update required it. The Pismo has been running for about a year without a reboot. Been using Macs since there was such a thing and no matter what version of what we now call Classic I was running, none of the various versions of the OS approached this level of reliability. OS X isn't the end all of all things but it's a lot better than anything else at this point.
Just my $.02 worth, and I'm aware of the exchange rate as well.