Re: [NTLK] [Poutine] Poutine and wines (Was Re: Test message. Are we still here?)

From: Lord Groundhog <LordGroundhog_at_gmail.com>
Date: Sat Mar 15 2008 - 08:20:47 EDT

~~~ On 2008/03/14 23:56, Abraham Limpo Martínez at abraham@familialimpo.net
wrote ~~~

> BUT as a fellow newtonian I
> have tasted poutine, and by tasted I meant I had to bother my english
> teacher to help me translate a recipe and I had to prepare it myself.

You mean, I'm not a Newtonian until I've tasted poutine? :o I don't trust
my abilities to make it myself, so how do I come by this delicacy? I
notice Jon (Glass) says I have to go to certain parts of Canada. Is this
true? If so, which parts?

Perhaps this needs to be made into a FAQ on the NewtonTalk site?

~~~ On 2008/03/15 09:23, Jon Glass at jonglass@usa.net wrote ~~~

> My favorite, though, was fries and vinegar that we
> used to get at our swimming pool/lake. mmmm (I've never been able to
> recreate that particular flavor of vinegar)

This is the usual way of eating fries -- I mean, "chips" -- in the UK.
Quite stunningly good once you get past the element of surprise. Here they
use malt vinegar, a golden coloured with a particular combination of aromas
and flavours I don't remember from back home in NJ. It wouldn't surprise me
if they made something like it in Pa though. So perhaps what you need is to
experiment with vinegars till you get the right one.

Shalom.
Christian

            -- what Arthur C. Clarke meant

http://youtube.com/watch?v=1ZzpdPJ7Zr4