Re: [NTLK] Help with Blunt setup and a Pico card.

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Tue Mar 25 2008 - 16:45:06 EDT

Hi Stuart

I totally sympathise but unfortunately am unable to offer any
suggestions.(I'm not technically minded when it comes to IT).

I tried for many many hours to achieve what you are trying to achieve but
never succeeded. My MP2000 used to reset itself in the same way when I tried
to connect to a mobile phone and use this to send email. It would make the
Newton extremely useable to me if this was possible. Neither by the way did
I ever get a response from anyone currently on the list who had actually
achieved this. Although there were some early postings in the archive to
suggest that some had in the distant past.

I did get an improvement by loading all the related packages onto the
internal store, and also by including delays [Wait] in the modem login
script. On a couple of occasions I was able to connect to my mail server,
got the oK from my password but that's as far as I ever got before it auto
reset.

This is a total luddite question but one thing I did wonder is whether
bluetooth has changed? Would for example the type of bluetooth used on
phones that were made say 5 years ago have been different from the current
ones? And whether this made a difference?

I think you're doing everything right from what I read, Blunt 0.76 etc.

Good luck with the venture.

Andy