[NTLK] Dead 2100 touch screen ?

From: SbM <sbm_newtontalk_at_yahoo.fr>
Date: Fri Mar 28 2008 - 20:48:28 EDT

Hi guys,

Bad news : my 2100's touch screen seems to be dead. The display is OK,
but the machine doesn't react at all when I press the stylus on the
screen. I can't even calibrate it, it's as if there was no touch
screen at all (at least the "touch" part).

I opened the 2100, I cleaned the touch screen cable contacts with
alcohol (as advised on Frank Gründel's web site), I also cleaned the
area around the screen just in case, cleaned the gold contacts on the
motherboard, and reassembled the unit : doesn't work any better :-(

I'm stuck here. Ever heard of such a problem ?

--
SbM
Newton MessagePad OMP, 120 FR, 130, 2000 & 2100