Re: [NTLK] might give up on newton- people... people...

From: Andy Hill <adhill_at_fastmail.co.uk>
Date: Thu May 15 2008 - 18:18:39 EDT

I totally 100% agree, surely the point is to celebrate the Newton for what
is it. A superb note, address, diary, email, safe storage, immediate on,
long battery life, portable, intuitive, handwriting recognition, durable,
simple, fun, device which has many hundreds if not thousands of active users
and supporters and a small but seriously important number of active
developers. Take for example as already mentioned: Blunt, Mailv, Adriano's
hardware, Doug's recent Newtway, and the exquisite iNewton which I am about
to purchase etc etc etc. Plus all the exceptional software like MoreInfo,
Timetrax, Supernotepad that are as useful now as they ever were. Unna,
Newtontalk and other sources are a gold mine really!

It would be a great shame if the archive became increasingly filled with
threads about it's supposed demise and the search for holy grail of pdas.

Personally I'd much rather read even simple stories about how people use
them, what people's views were on certain packages, things you come across
from UNNA or in the back of your cupboard, where you use them, how you get
round things.

Thanks

Andy