Re: [NTLK] Interesting predictions

From: Martin Joseph <NT_at_stillnewt.org>
Date: Wed May 21 2008 - 23:05:20 EDT

On May 21, 2008, at 2:53 PM, Abraham Limpo Martínez wrote:
> It was suposed to be a Mac version of the Intel MID platform,
> powered by
> an atom processor. Intel has already told the press Apple is not
> developing any product like this. Not at least with it's technology.
No they didn't. They simply stated that they do not comment on other
companies unreleased products.

> I personally doubt Apple is going to release any MID-sized computer or
> PDA. The form factor isn't quite there, as all the prototipes I've
> seen
> of the MID form factor are ackward to use at best and seem dificult to
> carry (to small to take a bag only for it, too big to put in your
> murse
> with the rest of the gadgets).
I think it's not unreasonable to consider it a possibility with the
key position the iPod touch has and Apple's desire to drive adoption
of OSX on different devices. I mid-sized device as well as a JUMBO
sized one (think folio sized for graphic artists) make sense to me,
although I agree that Apple actually releasing either of these is
highly doubtful.

Marty